Saturday, February 11, 2012

"watch your boat from hushabye mountain..."

"...sail far away from lullaby bay."

hullo.  most of those reading this blog already know who i am, but on the less than 0.00001 percent off-chance that someone who does not know me is reading this blog, i shall tell a little about me...maybe.  i'm not going to say anything too personal on the less than 0.00001 percent off-chance that someone who does not know me is reading this blog.

hullo.  i said that already, but i'm going to say it again.  because i don't know what to say.  oh, i know. 

my name is...willow. 

i'm homeschooled.

i love the song "hushabye mountain" from the chitty chitty bang bang movie and i love the song "vanilla twilight" by owl city.  my blog name comes from "hushabye mountain" and the photograph on my blog header is from the "vanilla twilight" music video.

i have another blog, but it's secret and more of a diary than anything.  no one except people i chose can read it, but i realized that sometimes i want to have a public blog as well and so...i made one.  uh-huh.  i should win the genius of the year award for my high intellect.  i'm not actually certain whether one's intellect can be referred to as high, but it sounds quite smart. 

i have been blessed with a wonderful family and the most incredible friends in the world.

i love music.  i think it is a large possibility that i would die without it.  it has helped me through a lot.

does anyone else say the words they are typing for a blog entry out loud and get odd stares from nearby family members?

i'm british, but my family has lived in the united states of america for seven or so years.  i like to say that i am an english rose, but my big sister thinks it is big headed to call yourself such a thing.  i don't think it is, though i think the song "georgia peaches" by lauren alaina is quite big headed.  ("ain't nothin' sweeter than us georgia peaches.  there's a reason why the boy's pick us georgia peaches." uh-huh.  yeah, anyway.)

i'm madly in love with owl city.  the music is just so very romantic and whimsical, it sometimes makes me cry <3

my heart belongs in minnesota.  somewhere i can watch the aurora borealis and live in an old white house with frost on the cold ground outside.  perhaps an old farm <3

i really love the tangled movie soundtrack.  "mother knows best" is the bomb.

my best friend is the most wonderful person in the world!  i couldn't survive without her!

and last, but so very definetely not least, i am a daughter of God and it is my deepest wish to glorify Him in all i do.

adieu, mes chers amis.  (i think that is how you say it.  you see, i'm not french and i don't know french.  google translator is like fire.  it is either your best friend or worst enemy.  uh-huh.  oh, and by the way, what i'm trying to say in that frenchness is "goodbye, my dear friends".)

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Miss Willow has a public blog again. *tuna and chocolate milk*

    "i'm madly in love with owl city" you are just too cute.

    hmm, we must find a way to get your heart to Minnesota, since it's currently in Oklahoma City ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mwahaha, awesome title. Awesome blog. *hugs* Good to see you bogging again!
    -Pip

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's the wonderful willow of oz! ;)
    and now i have hushabye mountain stuck in my head. merci.
    google translator is stwange.
    i love you. :)
    ~katniss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy howdy, you've got a public blog.

    My dear Nicky was eighty-three, I think, when he died. He had dementia for a few years. :( Poor darling.

    AND LITTLE JOE IS AN ANNOYING LITTLE TWERP, YOU'RE RIGHT. Pa Ingalls can get annoying too. No matter what role Michael Landon was in, he cried too much. >:-O

    Your comment made me laugh, Willow. You're so cute. :)

    What do think of the name Eileen?

    "You're sweet. Bye now."

    *hath quoted The Naked City, the best cheesy movie ever*

    Really. You're sweet. Bye now.

    ~Haystack

    ReplyDelete
  5. Howdy you do, Miss Willow? I like your new blog. Tis a beautiful color, and a beautiful title. All in all, it is very tasteful, and I like it immensely. And sorry to rush off just when I arrived, but my cross-stitching is all in knots, and it is pressing heavily on my mind and heart. So long, old friend! We must talk sometime soon. =)

    ~That Tails-Person

    ReplyDelete