Tuesday, March 27, 2012

fair vernal flowers, laugh forth.

© wintergreendaydream 2012



















awake, thou wintry earth -
fling off thy sadness!
fair vernal flowers, laugh forth
your ancient gladness!
~thomas blackburn

hullo :)  springtime has once again come and while i love winter and esteem it more greatly than any other season, it'll be perhaps slightly nice to say goodbye to the reckless blizzards and snowstorms we've been having this winter up here in the northwest.  and just so you don't get any wrong impressions, i disagree with the quote above, as it says "fling off thy sadness" in response to the season of winter - winter is not a sad season at all, but a wondrous occasion of cool blue skies, brisk winds and beautifully mad snowstorms that wreck havoc and demolish structures and hearts that are not made for such a place as this. but i thought that quote sounded quaint and looked slightly at home right underneath that photograph, so there ;) 

now, do tell...are you glad of springtime's awakening or sadly dismayed at the sudden farewell winter shockingly gave?  (actually, up here, it's pretty much still winter.  the blossoms have partly bloomed, but not quite.  this photograph is from last spring - hehe.)

and to celebrate (or mourn) the retrieval of winter and arrival of spring, you have a post written completely and entirely by me.  no stealing pictures off of weheartit or tumblr...completely and entirely by me!  aha!  now i feel accomplished!

1 comment:

  1. The focus and spring-ish feel in the picture are pretty; nice job, Willow. :)
    Lula may already have told you or you may have found out on your own, but if you ever want to get a Canon DSLR, if you use the Canon Loyalty Program (trade in a broken Canon digital camera for up to 20% off of one of quite a few refurbished DSLR and p&s models), you can get a camera at a pretty good price, and if you're able to use the CLP when Canon has a 15%-off sale on their refurbs (like they did last Christmas and very recently - it ended today, I think), you'd be able to save even more. And don't forget to check Slickdeals.net for camera deals - as well as deals and steals of all sorts.

    Winter can actually be a bit chilly for me, but I sometimes like windy, overcast days with temperatures in the 50s and 60s, especially because when the weather's like that it often matches how I feel. But sunshine can be very nice, provided it's not too warm.
    I've never lived anywhere that had lots of snow...it's always been warm places that got/get little or no snow.

    I see you like e.e. cummings' style of not using capitalization. :)
    I'm sure you've had enough of my rambling; I hope I haven't sounded annoying. One last thing: I just thought I'd let you know I replied to your comment on my blog in case you hadn't seen it.

    ReplyDelete